Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Birth


They did not want to put me under general anesthetics due to the fact that my blood pressure was so high and all the other risk factors so I had a Spinal Block. The sounds one could hear and everything I could see in the light freaked me out completely. First they could not find him. He had moved to a totally different position from when they did the scan. When they found him they had to take him out feet first. I kept on asking why is he not crying. He wasn't breathing. They briefly brought him to me and he was ice cold to the touch and his skin was grey. I knew he was in great danger. Then they took him away and started working on saving his life. I didn't know what was going on with my son as they pushed me into the recovery room. I didn't know if I would see my son again. I hope no one ever has to feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment