Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We met (Day 1)


I was scared to touch my son. I did not want to cause him any more discomfort or pain. Because of the pipes in his nose he could not even cry. He could not breastfeed so I expressed milk for him and they gave it to him through a tube in his nose. I did not have milk for him that first day and struggled to get 2ml every three hours for him. He was supposed to get 5ml every 3 hours.
The hospital I was in was excellent. They kept the ICU empty for his benefit.
The people were so helpful and explained everything to me. It was a shock to see my baby like that and it helped to have friendly faces to assist me in this difficult time. Normal new born diapers were too big for him and I had to get prem diapers for him. I did buy him some prem clothes but he did not wear any clothes for quite a few days, only a hat and socks when the drips was not in his feet.
In mean time my other 2 sons and husband had to cope without me at home.

2 comments:

  1. Can you beleive that they had all those machines for such a small little body you must be very happy with baby now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a huge experience when you have a premmie baby. We were in hospital for 8 weeks.
    I am still reading through your blog so not fully aware of the whole story yet but I do hope you guys are okay and am wishing you lots of love.
    Take care
    Fee x

    ReplyDelete